Have you ever tried to grow tulip bulbs from seeds?

Tulips, seed pod, garden surprise, Charles Dudley Warner quote, Florals-Family-Faith, Cindy Rippe
Tulip Seeds - ©CindyRippe2013
The rain finally stopped long enough for me to get into the Tulip Bed and clean it up.  There are many different plants in here and we have something blooming most of the year but the bed started out with over a hundred tulip bulbs.  The name just stuck.

I was surprised to see this seed pod tucked in among the iris leaves.  When I got close enough I could see that it was part of a tulip plant.  Cool... I've never had seed pods before on the tulips.  I guess we must have had "tulip" bees busy in the garden.  I did the research and I may be able to grow more bulbs.  It would be fun if it worked but just having this unexpected surprise is enough for me right now.

Have you ever tried to grow tulip bulbs from seeds?

Hoe while it is spring, and enjoy the best anticipations.  It is not much matter if things do not turn out well.  Charles Dudley Warner

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and appreciate that you are taking the time to visit. Note: All comments are moderated and will be reviewed before posting so they might not show up immediately. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...