Cooking up a little Spring in the Kitchen

My kitchen island this week - ©CindyRippe2014
My love of flowers and plants expands beyond the art that I create.  I've been forcing spring bulbs each year under the skylights in my studio for about 15 years now.  This is the first year that I'm officially working more from my home studio so the bulbs needed to go somewhere else.  They ended up lined up along my antique oak cabinet in the middle of the kitchen. There's more light coming in the windows this time of year so the plants are doing well.  I have to turn them often as they reach back toward the light but it's become a bit of a morning ritual.

Once the plants finish blooming they'll be moved to the basement under grow lights until I can plant them in the yard for the summer.  Just thought you might like a peek into another part of my life.

I love spring anywhere, but if I could choose I would always greet it in a garden.  Ruth Stout

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and appreciate that you are taking the time to visit. Note: All comments are moderated and will be reviewed before posting so they might not show up immediately. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...