Perfect Gifts

Nativity Figurines, Christmas, Christmas Cactus, Cindy Rippe
Photo - ©Cindy Rippe 2013
I enjoyed another day at the studio today.  Kelly came over and we created style boards again. I also ended up taking pictures of a few Christmas decorations and the mini pumpkins that are still hanging around after Thanksgiving. We enjoyed the time together and have lots of reference photos for future projects.

My Mom's Christmas cactus is in bloom this week.  This plant has been blooming once or twice a year for at least 10 years but has never bloomed so close to Christmas.  What a special treat for me!  I thought it would be nice to photograph my Mom's plant with my Mother-in-law's Nativity figurines. She passed them down to us a few years ago. We treasure family connections around here so this seems to be a perfect match.

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. - Isaiah 9:6


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and appreciate that you are taking the time to visit. Note: All comments are moderated and will be reviewed before posting so they might not show up immediately. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...