Bella's Fairy Flying School

original design by Cindy Rippe - all rights reserved, Fairy, Pink, Pen & Ink Sketch with mixed media color, pink morning glories, Florals-Family-Faith, Cindy Rippe
Bella's Fairy Flying School ©CindyRippe2013
As part of a Design Challenge we were asked to create a design that was inspired by playground equipment.  I had just spent the afternoon at the park with Bella and she loved swinging on her tummy as she pretended she was flying.  I can still hear her saying "I'm Flying!" with each push.  The swings were made of soft rubber with really long chains.  She could really "take off" each time.  

I wanted to keep the look hand drawn and a little "sketchy" (since that is a design trend I see growing). Of course, I wanted to include flowers (that's my design style) and even thought about the current Woodland trend. When I put it all together it added up to a little fairy child learning to fly.  The butterflies are there for encouragement and the swing is made from the morning glory vine.

I didn't move forward in the GTS Design Challenge but Bella is really happy with the finished design.  I was even able to add the pink streak in her hair, as requested.  She named it Bella's Flying School and we've decided to continue the story about that little Fairy girl someday.

Spread your wings and let the fairy in you fly! Author Unknown



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and appreciate that you are taking the time to visit. Note: All comments are moderated and will be reviewed before posting so they might not show up immediately. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...