Having a Pink Day!

Pink tulips, spring flowers, Pink is an attitude, Pretty in Pink, Florals-Family-Faith, Cindy Rippe
Pink Tulips - one of my favorites - ©CindyRippe2013
The spring bulbs are really growing like crazy!  They've grown about 4 inches in the last two days.  The thunderstorms have really helped. I'm not sure if it's just all the water or the nitrogen from the lighting.  That's what I've always heard anyway.  I know there's a big difference in the color of the grass after a thunderstorm (compared to just rain).  I wanted to check it out so I found this explanation (among others) on the internet.

Fixation by Lightning
The energy from lightning causes nitrogen (N2) and water (H2O) to combine to form ammonia (NH3) and nitrates (NO3). Precipitation carries the ammonia and nitrates to the ground, where they can be assimilated by plants.   (source - Chemistry.com) 
In any case, I'm really looking forward to the tulip blooms.  My favorites are the white and pink varieties and I've decided to make notes this year, as they flower, to see where I need to fill in with more bulbs in the fall.

Pink is not just a color its an attitude.  Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and appreciate that you are taking the time to visit. Note: All comments are moderated and will be reviewed before posting so they might not show up immediately. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...